I love that now when people ask me what I do, I can say that I am a stay at home mom. I officially am no longer employed outside of the home. I went back to work for a few weeks the beginning of this month to train my replacement and then I literally handed over the keys. It was the greatest feeling!
Looking back over the years at Twinlab, and the other various places I have worked, I realized that I learned a lot about myself. I tended to be the organized one...which meant I ended up with a little more work than I originally signed up for. I also like to find the fastest way to do my job...which usually meant that I made someone else mad. I learned that I love working with others...and yet at the same time would love to just work alone. I also learned that I am very passionate about what I do, meaning that once again, I would make someone mad. I always had good intentions but sometimes I came across a little too strong for others to handle at times.
But now I am home and I am the CEO of "Cartier Enterprises". I have so many job titles now and my payment comes in various forms (drool, spit up, dirty diapers...but my favorites are giggles and kisses). And I do look at my many years being full time employed outside of the home as a great way for me to learn how to better manage my time. Not that I always use those skills but I have learned how to get the house cleaned up faster so I can spend that extra time at night with my family or a book. And by far, being a mom is the hardest but most rewarding job I have had yet.
Pesto Quick Bread
6 years ago
2 comments:
Congrats on your new job title!! Being a mom is awesome and exhausting. It's a hard job cuz it never ends but its worth it!
Isn't it the greatest! I know having a "paying" job is sometimes seen as more rewarding, however nothing beats what Heavenly Father has in store for us. I'm so excited for you, and can't wait until we can make it up there to see you! Take care and love always, Jess
Post a Comment