Thursday, March 13, 2008

My first week!

Little Anne has been with us for a week now and I can't believe it! She is such a joy to have in our home and we are enjoying every minute of it. Being a mother is everything and nothing like I imagined. It is the most wonderful blessing ever and yet it wasn't until now that I understand what it is all about...and I am just getting started! There are so many new and exciting things for both Dan and I to learn. We are so grateful to be parents and are so especially thankful to have such a precious little girl. She is such a good baby and we feel so spoiled.








Here are some other firsts for Anne this week:


Anne's first BYU game with Daddy!!!


Anne's first time sun bathing. She had a little bit of jaundice so the doctor prescribed sun and lots of eating. By her next test, she was good to go!


Anne's first bath at home. She loved it. She cried for maybe a second. We had so much fun!


Anne's first dress. Can you just imagine her saying "Mom...why are you doing this to me?" I am sure this won't be the last time I get this kind of look!

Another first for Anne was her doctor's appointment. She is already back up to her birth weight and has grown 3/4"...no wonder she has been eating so much!

5 comments:

Cheri said...

She is so precious! I love her dress. Girls are so much fun to dress! Enjoy every moment they grow up so fast!

Holmes Family said...

Lish,
Anne is adorable! The dress is so cute! I cannot believe she's already a week old. What a fun thing for Dan to have his little girl watch a BYU game with him! It is so fun to see you as a mom! You're doing awesome and I'm so happy for this new time in your life! Love always, Jess

The Richards family said...

Fun fun firsts!! I am just so excited for you, girls really are fun and I love the dress she looks so cut in it!! I can't wait to see you and Anne!!!

Amanda said...

She is so adorable--and wa-hoo to liking baths--I love water babies :) I can't wait to meet her.
Amanda

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! She's a real cutie! And welcome to motherhood, these will be the most challenging yet most rewarding and fun years of your life!