Unfortunately, the flash on our camera isn't working and I haven't had a chance to call the makers to find out why...so I don't have any fun new pictures to share right now. I'm sad too since this was little Anne's first Easter! We did, however, take her yesterday to get some photos taken at JCPenny's and they are so, so cute! Once we get the email with the proofs, I'll be sure to share that info so you can check them out!
We spent Easter up at Nana and Papa's in Woodland. We had a yummy ham dinner and just hung out. Next year little Anne will be able to do the whole hunt for eggs thing. She was quite content just staring around the house since it was her visit there. She also decided that it would be a good idea to go through a few outfits and try out the diapers that Nana thankfully had on hand! Note to self, 5 spare diapers isn't enough when spending the day away from home!
A few other things that happened this week...we had a leak in the storage area under our stairs and so we had to pull half of our stuff out to dry off and have a fan going full blast to dry the carpet. Something very exciting for Anne is that her umbilical cord fell off yesterday. She is no longer a brand new baby...she is growing up! She is such a cutie. We call her "squeekers" because when she sucks on her binks or hiccups, she squeeks. It is really cute. Also, she's taken to holding her head up on her own when we burp her and sometimes she'll move it around like a little bobble head doll. She is so fun!
Dan has one more week of orientation and then he'll finally be able to start driving truck...kind of. He'll actually be riding along with someone else for a bit before they let him take control but regardless he is excited to finally get in the truck that he has started to call the house on wheels. They are huge!
And I am finally starting to settle down and feel more at home being at home all of the time. It was a pretty hard transition for me going from full time employee to full time mom pretty much overnight. I've also been freaking out about all things baby (breastfeeding, sleeping - or lack there of - etc) but it has helped that I have family and friends that I can call or email with all of my questions...and if nothing else, just have them tell me that what I am experiencing is normal and that it won't be like this forever. Oh, and then they remind me that there will always be something new to worry about pretty much every step of the way! Thanks a lot!
Pesto Quick Bread
6 years ago
4 comments:
Lish,
I hope I'm not the only one who has been more blunt with you on being a mom. It is seriously the most difficult job there is, and the reason being is you don't get to leave it anywhere. It follows you everywhere you go! However, it is truly the one fulfilling job in the world. How could you ever compare it with anything else?!
Love always, Jess
It sounds like you had a great Easter!! And how could you not with a cute new baby!!!! I wish I would have known you were here for Easter and I would have stopped by to see you and Anne. And I am sorry I have not been around or helpful with all the new baby stuff. But I will tell you right now, You are doing a great job and yes it is normal. It really is HARD and sooo worth it. Relax, it is NOT just you, it has happened to all of us to think we are not doing something or anything right.I know how much you love that little baby and that is all she needs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you might have to wait two years for a real easter excitement....possibly 3 but it's always fun anyways. She will definitely like chocolate by one year old!
Sounds like you had a fun Easter! Motherhood is a big wakeup call for most new mom's I think! It's the hardest job out there!
Take care-
Cheri
Post a Comment