One of my most favorite memories of my dad growing up is when I was about 4 years old and he took me up on the hill behind our house. We sat on the grass and looked up at the clouds. We talked about Heaven and what we thought it would be like and he also talked to me about when I grow up and that I needed to pray for my future husband because he may not be a member of the church yet. He was right on that one since Dan didn't join the church until I was 8 years old. I'm sure there were other things we talked about but those are the things that stick out most for me.Now, to see my Dad (Papa to Antonia) laying out on the grass with Anne brings back all of those memories. Although I am sure Anne won't remember this specific day with Papa, I'm sure there will be many more to come that will be memorable for her.
4 comments:
What a sweet post! It was fun to watch your Dad playing with Ann. You can tell he loves being a Grandpa!
Awwww :)
Both the story and the picture are priceless!! What a Lucky girl Anne is to have such a sweet grandpa and such a great mom!!
I loved reading this! What a special day that was with little Anne and Papa! I know she won't remember it, but she'll be able to see it one day! What a cutie, we hope she knows how much we love her and you and Dan!
Post a Comment