Saturday, October 1, 2011

General Conference Fun

This year for General Conference, I made up these fun activity bags with a picture of each apostle and member of the first presidency. As each spoke, Anne would find their picture and then open the bag to see what was inside. I got the idea from Pinterest...of course!

Some of her bags had an activity and some had treats to share. This was a cute Dora bracelet kit I found at the dollar store.

Anne coloring her picture of President Monson. I did coloring pages for him since he speaks multiple times.
We also built a fort to watch conference from.
While they were speaking, I would have Anne listen for the words Jesus, Joseph Smith, temple and family. Then she would clip the speakers picture to the picture on the wall for that subject. It was another fun way to get her to pay attention. She actually looked forward to each session and on Monday, woke up asking if we could watch church on TV again! I'm glad I found a way to help Anne get excited about conference! Sophie napped through most of conference...also nice!

No comments: